- Where are we coming from? In August, most of the new women who attended were from Facebook. September brought all new people from Meetup. It is interesting how it was so one or the other.
- Our meditation: This time, we did something a little different: we added a somatic part. For the first 5 minutes we sat in the lounge area. For the second part, we walked through the curtains into the ceremonial room to symbolize leaving behind what was ending for us and embracing the new.
- Our song this time was Circle Within A Circle in honor of the full moon.
- For our activity, we had everyone help set up the room since Hestia is all about housekeeping and interior design. We also had them make mini personal altars in front of their seats.
- We had a special guest: Bette Steflik, a feng shui expert who is very knowledgeable about all things Hestia. It was wonderful to have her! We learned a lot. For instance, did you know that your stove is the hearth of your home? In the old days, it was the fireplace because that’s where people cooked before stoves were invented. It’s important that all of your burners work properly and to use all of them (in other words cook something even if it’s just boiling water for tea or heating up a pot of soup once in a while). The “hearth” is symbolic of important things in your life such as health and wealth. One woman talked about how the pilot light in hers wasn’t even lit and she suffered from a lack of prosperity. Here’s a great article I found on the subject http://gems4friends.com/feng-shui-kitchen.html. And here is Bette’s website http://shenmenfengshui.com/.
- Shared Experience: Many women in our circle related to our topic of the evening and got a lot out of our sharing!
- After the ceremony: Linda Cordey, a professional hairstylist who manages Rejuvenation Day Spa, braided many women’s hair after the circle. They were all different and so beautiful! Love Attraction Coach Alexandra Lewis was also present and meeting with women one on one. Here is Alexandra’s website: http://www.alexandraloves.com/.
- Nourishment: Besides the experience being nourishing in itself, Amber Carol Lewis provided us with delicious nourishing food as she always does and we are so grateful for it!
We had another fantastic evening at our September Red Tent, honoring and celebrating the Greek Goddess Hestia. Hestia is the Goddess of the hearth and the home. The evening also fell on the night before the Super Moon Eclipse, and there was a lot of energy building towards it. I shared an article about what kind of energies this special moon eclipse represented and about 90% of the women raised their hands in solidarity to what they were experiencing in their own lives, mainly big endings.