We started summer by paying tribute to the season’s associated element fire, and how it plays out as passion and sexual energy in our lives.
- Sophia Treyger, a Radical Pleasurist and Intimacy Coach, was our special guest. During the circle part of the evening, she walked us through an exercise, taking us on a journey within. The experience allowed us to tap into and become more aware of our pleasure centers. Sophia is a wonderful woman to work with if you’re feeling blocked in that regard or want to take your pleasure further. Visit her website.
- During the sharing part of the circle, we started to hear a commotion outside. Someone reminded me that it was the evening of the Naked Bike Ride. We paused the circle and ran over to the windows and watched for a while as a bunch of naked people rode by on NE Broadway. It was the perfect addition to our evening! J
- After the circle, we scarf danced to “That’s The Way I Like It,” by KC and the Sunshine Band.
- Powerful sister goddess Arkady Brown joined us for our June Red Tent as well. Arkady is a Fine Art Boudoir photographer and talked a little about her yoni project. Her work was very fitting for the theme of our Tent! Check out her beautiful photography on her website and FB.
Pop-Up Red Tent Fundraiser
Taking steps towards my vision, I created this event to get a taste of what a future brick and mortar could be and look like, and to help raise funds towards the manifestation of it. There were massage and body workers; various readers such as tarot, astrology, hand analysis, intuitive, etc.; henna tattoo, treats, prizes and entertainment: belly dancing with The Gypsy Caravan, stand-up comedy with Barbara Holm, and live music with one of our Red Tent sisters, Sara Michelle Taylor. We had games where women could earn more raffle tickets and many participated. One of the games involved being a little creative and now I have a folder of awesome drawings and poems the women created! (See pics below.)
It was so much fun! The event not only raised money, it gave me valuable experience and info to help build a successful business.
2nd Annual Goddess Swim Fun Raiser
Remember when you were in high school and you just hung out with a bunch of girlfriends doing fun summer stuff? That’s the main reason I created this event. The second reason is to raise funds for various things. Last year it was for a scholarship fund for Moondays Red Tent tickets. This year it was for furthering the advancement of the brick and mortar.
- The weather cooperated again this year! The swim happened to be during one of the weeks we had record breaking heat, so the evening was the perfect temperature for swimming.
- We had a blast playing volleyball in the pool.
- When it got dark, we made a fire in the fire pit and some of us went skinny dipping.
- The moon was almost full and when it got dark, it had come up over the horizon. You could see it if you were in the pool and looked up over the fire pit and between the branches of the sumac tree. It was magical being in the water, gazing at the fire and the moon.
- We had some yummy treats including fresh bruschetta, toasted ravioli and Bloody Marys.
- Everyone seemed to be deeply connecting with one another, relaxing and enjoying themselves.